Sunday, November 5, 2017

Buy the correct holiday treat

It is well known that the whole world is going through a pandemic.  What we are seeing now is that even though the world is struggling people still want to live and enjoy all the same holidays and traditions that they always do.  To be honest I think people should be free to do what they want and this time of year children have more fun than almost any other time.  I believe that Halloween is one of those fun and incredibly social times where children not only have fun but learn amazing lessons.  I am truly a fan of this holiday because my kids get to learn manners and all kinds of lessons on sharing and loving others.  So this year I still plan on trick or treating and allow kids to give out candy to others around the neighborhood.  But with the  pandemic in full swing, I plan on making sure the candy boxes that we give out or purchase to give out work well with the spirit of safety.

 


That brings me to the most important part and that is making sure everything is socially distanced and clean.  That is going to be the spirit of this holiday and celebration all around.  I don't care rather the disease only harms 99.5% of people or if it matters to you or not.  What I want is for no one to feel unsafe and uncared for.  That is why I am making sure my kids and especially myself is going to be ok with both sides of the coin.  I want people to be safe and feel safe and we are going to make sure our attitudes reflect that.  Attitudes are more important at this point in time than any other. So get yours and your kids right before judging anyone else.  That is what my family is doing and I think that it is important.

 


Now when it comes to the fun part I think that getting the right treat and your favorite candy boxes need to be well thought out this year.  The truth is that people have always feared their kids getting hurt by eating tainted candy.  That is why much of the trick or treating candy is not individually packaged.  Make sure this year that you are following the idea that everything can be tainted.  Not by bad or evil people but by parents attempting to protect their kids.  People will spray and dip all their kid's candy in all kinds of chemicals to attempt to get the possibility of pandemic  off. 


I don't expect the majority of families will do it but I know some will.  I don't want to essentially give any kids a chance to get poisoned.  So I am only getting treats that are plastic wrapped because I know some parents or even some kid trying to be safe will do it!  Kids will do anything they have seen rather it is good or not. So make sure you are not going to be the cause of them doing something silly.  That is my biggest takeaway this year and you need to outthink all of these people who may do harm. 

 

I hope these tips are going to help you and your family be able to have a great time, this holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment